About Nightingale College of Nursing Trivandrum
Nightingale College of Nursing, one the best Nursing college in Trivandrum managed by the National Development Trust was established in the year 2006. It is situated at Pachakkadu in Nedumangadu Municipality in Trivandrum. The college is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council and affiliated to Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur. The college offers B Sc Nursing regular program of 4 years duration with a sanctioned intake for 50 students per batch.
The overall aim of the course is to prepare professional nursing graduates who are competent to render quality health care services to the clients in all setting, participate and co-ordinate the nursing services and nursing education at different levels and cater the growing demands of the national and international community.
The college is equipped with adequate infrastructure facilities as per the norms of the statutory bodies and always keen to maintain the highest standard of nursing education. An expert panel of qualified and competent nursing faculty in the college ensures excellence in teaching learning activities for the student community. The management is committed to train the nursing graduates to become competent nurse professional able to provide quality health care to individuals, family and community at par with the international standards.
The curriculum is based on the directives of the Indian Nursing Council and Kerala University of Health Sciences. During the period of training, the students are given theory practical instruction by as per the prescribed syllabus.
The parent Hospital of the college is SK Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram. In addition the college is affiliated to District Hospital, Nedumangadu, Regional Cancer centre and Mental Health Centre, Peroorkada, Women and Child Hospital, Thycaudu for the practical experience in super-specialty areas.
We believe that Nursing education of highest quality outreach that bridges the areas of teaching, research, and service. The College provides ample opportunities and a student-friendly atmosphere for the education of nurses at the undergraduate level who practice within an integrated, dynamic, and diverse health care system incorporated with teaching, research, service, and practice.
The faculty believes that the goal of professional nursing education is to promote professional competency through evidence-based nursing practice, and research spanning from the community to the international level. Nursing education is a lifelong process that applies the concepts and theories from nursing, the humanities, and the natural and behavioral sciences. Learning is most effective when individual learner needs are considered, and active learner participation is facilitated.
We strive to prepare the nurse graduate to be a caring professional, competent clinician, effective communicator, skilled leader and a compassionate care giver who promotes the well-being of individuals, families, and community in health and illness.
Enhance positive changes in health care through achieving excellence in nursing education and contribute effectively to the professional nursing practice.
- Prepare competent nurse graduates having adequate knowledge and skill in comprehensive nursing care, human behavioral science, and medicine which will enable them to provide quality health care to individuals, families and community in all health care setting.
- Promote leadership and managerial skills for effective nursing practice in clinical and community settings .
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups and members of any health care team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and team work.
- Conduct need- based research projects in various settings and promote evidence based nursing practice thereby contribute to the professional advancement
- Prepare nurse graduates to assume the role of nurse educators having adequate skill in teaching, clinical instruction and supervision
- Participate in providing promotive, preventive and restorative health services integrated with national health policies and programmes